- 1 What Is a Hydroponics Startup Kit?
- 2 Why Do You Need Hydroponics Starter Kit?
- 3 Solutions Provided By Hydroponics Starter Kit
- 4 When Should You Use A Hydroponics Starter Kit?
- 5 How To Use A Hydroponics Starter Kit?
- 6 Factors To Consider Before You Buy A Hydroponic Starter Kit.
- 7 Product List
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions)
- 9.1 1. Is Hydroponics Farming Faster Than Soil? If Yes, Why?
- 9.2 2. How Many Types Of Hydroponics Starter Kits Are Available In The Market? Which One Is The Best?
- 9.3 3. What Plants Can I Grow With The Hydroponics Starter Kit?
- 9.4 4. What Is Ph Level, And How Should I Maintain It?
Do you love plants and want them in your backyard or on the terrace? Plants are a natural source of oxygen. They provide food, flowers, and above all, add aesthetic beauty to your house. When you think of plants, the first thing that will strike your mind is the garden. Now, cultivating and managing a garden is a considerable task in itself. So, how can you grow plants at home? Hydroponics is the solution.
Don’t worry if you are a beginner. We are here to provide you with the best Hydroponic Starter Kit options, which you should consider while purchasing. Before that, let’s understand the concept of the Hydroponics starter kit.
What Is a Hydroponics Startup Kit?
Hydroponics is a technique of growing plants without the soil. It works by adding mineral nutrient solutions in a water solvent. Terrestrial plants will have their roots submerged in the nutrient solution to grow. This is the concept of the Hydroponics Starter Kit. The kit involves the complete process, which will allow you to cultivate your garden at home.
Why Do You Need Hydroponics Starter Kit?
Managing a garden in your backyard or terrace is not an easy task to do. Hydroponic Starter Kit will allow you to maintain a beautiful garden and have organic food at your home. It won’t require you to spend your holiday changing soil and cultivating your plants. Therefore, it’s a time-saving option to grow plants on your own.
All you need is an hour or so in a day and wait for the results. Since the vegetables will be organic, you can look forward to deploying the produce and earning money through it. Therefore, a hydroponic starter kit will be key to your success in the future.
Solutions Provided By Hydroponics Starter Kit
You might face many problems while growing plants at your home, which will be resolved by Hydroponics Startup Kit. These problems include :
- More water consumption- When you are planting in your garden or an outskirt land, you would require more water. The reason behind it is the excessive heat that sucks the water out of plants. In fact, you might witness water vanishing the moment you turn your face around.
- Proper sunlight- Plants need appropriate sunlight for their growth. Now, the issue is that the intensity should neither be excessive and nor minuscule. This makes the temperature a huge factor for the plant’s growth.
- Soil- Each plant requires a different sort of soil to grow effectively. What if you don’t have alluvial soil and you want to grow rice? The matter of fact is that you can’t! So, indeed, choosing the appropriate soil is another major factor in growing plants outside your house.
Hydroponics Starter Kit will require less water for plants to grow. Plants in the kit can even grow in artificial light, although it has to maintain the required photons. As we have already discussed, there is no need for the soil in the Hydroponics Starter Kit.
When Should You Use A Hydroponics Starter Kit?
When you are using a Hydroponics Starter Kit, you are not dependent on sunlight. Therefore you can plant seeds at any time of the day. If you want to grow vegetables at home, they will require a high intensity of light and humidity. Therefore, if you live at a place that has an unfavorable environment for plants, Hydroponics Starter Kit would be the best option for you.
How To Use A Hydroponics Starter Kit?
You can use the Hydroponics Starter Kit easily by following these steps:
- Open the kit and assemble it.
- Prepare a mixture of nutrients and water in a container.
- Insert your plant in the growing tube.
- Turn on the pump and examine your plant daily.
After some days, you need to check the presence of pests and diseases. You might need to add pesticides to your plant to prevent pests and other unwanted microorganisms.
If you want to know more about how to use a hydroponics starter kit, consider watching this video.
Factors To Consider Before You Buy A Hydroponic Starter Kit.
When you visit a market or any online shopping website to purchase a Hydroponics Starter Kit, you will see many options. How to select the best from the lot? Here are some factors you need to consider before buying a Hydroponics Starter Kit.
> What To Grow?
It is crucial to decide what you are planning to grow precisely as every plant requires a different setup. You cannot grow a tomato plant by the Nutrient Film Technique. On the other hand, if you want to grow different plants, you should opt for an appropriate kit. It will not be a wise option to buy another kit for another plant. So, make a plan according to your requirements and interests! Then look forward to buying the appropriate kit for your plant.
> Space To Accommodate
The Hydroponics Starter Kit is available in various sizes. Therefore, it will help if you assign a space for your setup. The allocated space can vary for every house. Thus, considering this factor will give you a better understanding of your requirement. Space will play a massive role in your budget allocation as well.
> How Much To Grow?
The factor involves the idea of how much you want to harvest. If you are looking to harvest more plants, you need to choose a large setup. Similarly, a small kit will be enough for a few plants. You can also select a vertical kit if you want to grow many plants but are short on space.
> How Much Time Would You Spend?
People mostly neglect this factor when they are going to buy a Hydroponics Starter Kit. You are not supposed to water your plant or cultivate them as a typical garden setup. Instead, you need to take the measurements and adjust accordingly. Few kits require more attention than others. Therefore, choose a configuration that will match your allotted time.
Here, We have compared most purchased Kitchen composters and came up with below table based on above factors.
|Products||Best For||Type||No. Of Plants||Price|
|1. AeroGarden Black Harvest Indoor Hydroponics Garden||Basil|
|Automatic Kit||6||Check price|
|2. Deep Water Culture Hydroponic Bucket Kit||Vegetables||Bucket Reservoir Kit||1||Check price|
|3. Giraffe-X Hydroponic Grow Kit||Melons |
|Layered Structure Kit||108||Check price|
|4. Big Power Automatic Drip Irrigation Kit||Tomatoes|
|Drip Irrigation Kit||15|
|5. Homend Indoor Hydroponic Grow Kit||Lettuce||Box Kit||11||Check price|
1. AeroGarden Black Harvest Indoor Hydroponics Garden
- INCLUDES GOURMET HERB SEED KIT (6-POD) - Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint & a 3oz bottle of our patented, all natural Plant Nutrients (enough for a full season of growth).
- ALWAYS HOMEGROWN: FRESH & SAFE - Up to 6 plants grow at a time, up to 12“ tall with this indoor garden. Grows in water - no soil, no mess, made simple.
- EASY TO USE (GROW) - control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add plant food (included), automatically turns lights on and off for your indoor herb garden
- 5X FASTER THAN SOIL - High-performance, full spectrum 20-watt LED high efficiency grow lighting system in your herb garden is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests.
- PERFECT GIFT FOR ANYONE - Give the gift of growing fresh herbs & veggies all year round in this indoor herb garden. The AeroGarden Harvest is the perfect gift idea for men, women, dad, mom, grandma, any friend or family member. Always fresh, always local, always in season.
AeroGarden has made its name in providing the best solution for home gardening. The 6-pod harvest garden by AeroGarden will give you fresh herbs and vegetables all year-round. For those looking for a beautiful and compact garden that can grow anywhere in the house, should consider this product. The control panel of this product will provide complete assistance in scheduling the times of changing the plant, when to add water and when to turn the light.
The product has Ultra-thin Grow Light Hood, which is both energy and cost-efficient, unlike other Hydroponic Gardens. The plants will grow naturally without any pesticides and soil.
2. Deep Water Culture Hydroponic Bucket Kit
- Easy to use inexpensive complete kit - Deep Water Culture Hydroponic System by PowerGrow Systems
- Includes 5 Gallon HDPE Bucket + 6 inch Basket Lid
- Also includes 44 GPH Air Pump, Air Tubing, Air Stone, Growing Medium, and Rockwool Seeds Starting Plugs
- Features visible blue Water Level Indicator and Bucket Drain
- 1 Year USA Manufacturers Warranty on all Deep Water Culture Systems!
Are you looking for an easy and inexpensive kit to grow your garden? The Deep Water Culture Hydroponic Bucket Kit is the solution. The product comes with 5 Gallon HDPE buckets, 44 GPH air pumps, air stones, growing medium, and Rockwool seeds starting plugs. The Deep Water Culture System will provide you the best experience if you are a beginner. It is easy to assemble, and high-quality products will give you satisfaction with your purchase.
All the pieces of equipment provided in the kit comes with a 1-year warranty. The product will be worth every penny you have spent on it.
3. Giraffe-X Hydroponic Grow Kit
- Material: Food grade PVC-U; Pipe diameter: 2.5"(63mm),Single Pipe Length:38.5:(980mm); Hole diameter: 1.26"(32mm); Other tubes diameter: 0.98"(25mm).
- Hydroponic indoor or outdoor grow system is designed for fast, maximum-convenience vegetable gardening. Perfect for beginners! No experience needed
- Growing plants in hydroponics requires less water, less space, and pests and diseases are more easily controlled and prevented
- The system produces high-quality vegetables, herbs, melons, and berries--45-day yields!--that are more nutritious and better-tasting than soil-gardened produce because oxygenated water and nutrients are delivered directly to the roots
- Package included: 1 X Holder and Main Pipe;108 X Planting Sites;1 X Water Pump ;1 X Planting Sponge ;2 X 3.9ft Soft Hose;English Installation Diagram.
The brand Giraffe-X has made its name in producing the best products for your need. This Ebb and Flow System Hydroponics Starter Kit will provide a hassle-free experience with it’s easy to assemble and space-saving set up. The Food Grade PVC-U material used in this product will give you high-quality vegetables and herbs.
The product comes with 108 plant sites and 12 pipes. The 3-layered Hydroponic Planting Equipment will provide enough space for your plants to grow. If you are looking to grow many plants in your house, Giraffe-X Hydroponic Grow Kit will be the best option for you.
4. Big Power Automatic Drip Irrigation Kit
- 🌱【Italian Patent Design & Pump Upgrade】Patent minimalist industrial design from Italy team, always a classic look to your home. New high-power pump, power upgrade 5 times. Provide at least 15 potted water supplies! Solve water pressure problems, strong water supply. Water supply of about 700-800ml per minute, 800ml per minute without filter;
- 🌱【Travel/Working Good Helper】Solve your daily work, take care of plants when traveling question. Automatic watering device can help you water on time every day, make the plants grow healthier and longer lasting, and make your life easier;
- 🌱【Provide Steady Flow and Deep Irrigation】Because the drip emitter is voltage regulator design, it can provide the relatively steady flow for your plants when it is correct setting; This way it can make sure each drip emitter is working, and you can increase or decrease the count of drip emitters to control the water flow;
- 🌱【 Program Memory】Once programmed, the settings are stored in internal memory automatically. Custom programming and settings will remain in memory even if power is removed. There will be no need to reprogram the timer every time batteries are changed;
- 🌱【Two Ways of Power Connection】Run the indoor plant irrigation system, with 4 AA batteries or USB connection power. When the battery and USB power supply exist at the same time, the system will give priority to USB charger power. Simultaneous use can prevent power outages. (Battery Not Included);
If you are looking for an automatic setup for growing plants, this product by sPlant will be ideal for you. With 30-day watering cycle settings, the product will give you more time to rest. It will take care of your plants every day; you just need to install and set the timer. The product’s small size and simple design will allow you to place it anywhere you want. If you are looking to grow small plants in your backyard, this product is perfect for you.
5. Homend Indoor Hydroponic Grow Kit
- 【High Efficiency】: The hydroponic grow kit grows up to 11 once. It also helps your grow 3-5 times faster than soil grown, which can be harvested after 4-8 weeks according to climate and vegetable types.
- 【Multiple Scenarios】Can be used indoor or outdoor. No any more. Suitable for balcony use,office use,garden use,market use,parterre use,hotel use.
- 【Safe Materials】: Food grade PVC-U; Pipe diameter: 1.2"; Spacing between the holes: 2.2"; Hole quantity: 11.
- 【Package included】: 1 x Box(seeds not included); 1 x Buoy Deck; 1 x Buoy; 11 x Net Pot; 11 x Sponges; 1 x Air Pump; 1 x Bubble Stone; 1 x Check Valve; One set x Silicone Hose 3.9"+35.4"; 1 x Tweezers; 1 x English manual.
- 【Easy to Handle】Come with an instruction with illustration, which will teach you how to install the device.
Looking for a large capacity Hydroponics Kit? Homend Indoor Hydroponic Grow kit is your answer, which can be set up indoors and even outdoors. The plastic body of the product will allow for easy installation and handling.
The package includes a box, buoy deck, buoy, air pump, planting sponges, bubble stone, check valve, silicon hose, tweezers, and a helpful manual. What else do you need to have a garden at your home? The product has got everything covered. The quality of all the materials is perfect and, you can trust Homend on their quality. The user-manual makes the setup easy and time-efficient.
Hydroponics Starter Kit provides an opportunity for all to have a garden at their house. These five products will offer a value-for-money experience and convenience in harvesting. All the products listed are different variants and have distinct setups depending upon the likes of every individual. They possess suitable quality materials and offer convenience to customers.
Many people are shifting from conventional farming to hydroponics, which has increased the demand for these kits. Therefore, all the products listed above are ideal for beginners. If you are planning to have a garden in your backyard, terrace, room, or even kitchen, you should buy one of these. Make the world greener and the environment cleaner.
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is Hydroponics Farming Faster Than Soil? If Yes, Why?
Yes, Hydroponics farming is faster than soil farming. Hydroponics farming is not dependent on natural factors like drought, excess rainfall, adequate natural temperature, or natural light, which are the most crucial in soil farming. Therefore, the plants in hydroponics farming grow without any hindrance, which allows them to grow faster.
Another factor that accelerates the growth in hydroponics farming is the excess of nutrients. When we consider soil farming, it is a long process that involves soil preparation, planting, irrigation, adding fertilizers, and many more steps, whereas hydroponics is a short and easy process.
2. How Many Types Of Hydroponics Starter Kits Are Available In The Market? Which One Is The Best?
There are six different types of kits available based on the kind of Hydroponics Farming. These six include:
- Wick System
- Ebb and Flow
- Deep Water Culture
- Nutrient Film Technique
- Drip System
It would be difficult to comment on which one is the best because each of them is unique in their process. You have to consider your factors to conclude like your budget, space, time, and the density of plants. They will provide you a better idea and make your choice easy.
3. What Plants Can I Grow With The Hydroponics Starter Kit?
It depends on which kit you are buying. If you purchase wicking, deep water culture, or nutrient film technique hydroponic starter kit, they are best for herbs and lettuce. Similarly, if you buy aeroponics, a drip system, or ebb and flow, you would be able to grow vegetables like tomatoes, onions, and green vegetables.
You can also grow various flowers through your kit like roses, carnations, dianthus, and chrysanthemums.
4. What Is Ph Level, And How Should I Maintain It?
pH level is an indication of the alkalinity or acidity of any material. It contains 0-14 levels, where 7 is neutral. As you move below in number, it indicates an increase in acidity. pH level will affect the nutrient you have added to the solution.
You have to keep a constant check on the pH level. If it is too high or too low, the nutrients will not enter the plant, which might lead to the plant’s death.
You can maintain the pH level by changing the water at proper intervals. You might need to check the pH level of the water as well before adding it to the solution.
Want to know more about gardening ?
Fill in your email address in the form below and you'll receive all the latest updates directly in your in-box.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
Last update on 2022-11-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API